Originally taught on May 29, 1984
We detoxify continuously throughout life. We process food, thoughts, and all forms of energy. When that flow is continuous and clear, we are steady and flexible. The trouble is that we accumulate more than we process. We become weighed down under the ash of metabolism and the remnants of old emotions. This set systematically moves the energy of the body and mind to keep you light and vitalized.
1. Lie down on your back with your legs straight. Your heels are together and your toes point upward. Keeping your heels together, spread your feet apart so that they both point out to the sides. The right foot points to the right and the left foot points to the left. Then close your feet so they once again point straight upward. Continue quickly opening and closing your feet, keeping your heels together. Continue for 4 minutes.
2. Remain on your back and putyour hands under your head. Raise your legs up about two feet and scissor the legs up and down without letting the descending heel touch the ground. Keep your legs straight, do not bend at the knees. This exercise clears up inner anger when done vigorously. Continue for 4 minutes.
3. Lie down on your stomach and stick out your tongue. Exhale through your mouth and push up into Cobra Pose. Inhale through your mouth as you lower yourself back to the ground. Continue, keeping your breath and movement strong. This exercise removes toxins from the body. Continue for 6 1/2 minutes.
4. Turn over on to your back and bring your knees up to your chest. As the knees touch the chest, raise your arms up to 90 degrees (parallel to each other). Straighten your legs and lower your arms and legs back to the floor at the same time. Continue this movement vigorously for 3 minutes. This is a controlled movement. There should be no noise when the arms and legs touch the ground.
5. Sit in Easy Pose and revolve the torso around the base of the spine. This churning movement is done in a counter-clockwise direction. Continue for 3 minutes. Move as quickly as you can during the last minute.
6. Stand up. Bend over and grab your ankles. While holding onto your ankles, sit down in Crow Pose and come back up. Continue this movement for 2 minutes.
7. Sit comfortably in Easy Pose with your spine straight. Chant Sat Nam, Sat Nam, Sat Nam, Sat Nam, Sat Nam, Sat Nam, Wahe Guru. One full repetition of the mantra takes 7-8 seconds. Continue for 11 minutes.
To finish: Inhale deeply and stretch your arms over your head with your palms touching. Hold your breath 20-40 seconds as you stretch your spine upward. Exhale. Repeat this sequence two more times.
This set can be found in the manual Self Experience, available through KRI.
© The Teachings of Yogi Bhajan