Please keep the following in mind as you integrate your spiritual name into your life:
- It is important to use the correct naad (inner sound current) when speaking your name and when teaching others how to pronounce it. Pronunciation is paramount!
- Listen carefully to the sound byte (pronunciation) of your spiritual name. Pronounce it slowly, and let it resonate within you.
- If you find that your name does not appear as a sound byte, please contact us.
- There may be more than one correct way to spell your name. As most of the names are derived from Gurbani (the sacred language of the Sikhs), there is not a direct transliteration from its alphabet to the English alphabet. Whatever spelling makes the most sense to YOU, and helps you and other people to pronounce your name correctly, is the best spelling to use. We have suggested a common way to spell your name, but remember the most important thing is the correct pronunciation.
- Note that most of these spiritual names are non-gender specific, differentiated by using either Singh (male) or Kaur (female).
- Yogi Bhajan said that using your spiritual name in its entirety is the best way to get the most benefit from it.